Skating, whether you are using the regular skateboard or longboard, is not complete without using the grip tape. Grip tape is the type of adhesive you will put on top of your deck to keep your shoes on the deck.
You don’t want to skate and then slip from your skateboard or longboard. This is the reason you will need something like the grip tape to keep your shoe firm on the deck and to avoid throwing out the deck by accident when you are skating or longboarding.
There are various grip tapes you can use for your skateboards and longboards, and they offer various benefits when you use them. Some grip tapes might offer a firmer grip, while some others might offer a softer grip for your shoes.
It will all depend on your needs, whether you want to keep your shoes on the deck or whether you want to have a little flexibility for your feet movements.
Here are the best grip tapes for skateboards and longboards you can use:
Jessup Griptape is an excellent choice of grip tape for your skateboards and longboards if you want to get a comfortable grip on your shoes. Also, this tape provides more durability and a solid grip for your deck.
It’s the type of silicon carbide grip tape you can use on all your skating occasions, and you can trim this tape with ease without tearing it. It’s perfect for beginners and professional skaters alike.
- It’s comfortable and durable, which will ensure that you can use this grip tape for long skating activities, whether you use it for skateboards or longboards.
- You can also trim the tape without tearing it, so it will fit on all deck sizes, giving you the best experience with it.
- This product gives you the ultimate control in your skating activities, whether you are doing it in the skate parks or on the streets.
- You can apply the tape with ease on your deck, as it is bubble-free and will save you from annoyances while applying it.
- It gives a firm yet soft grip on your shoes.
Also Read: 3 Good Skateboard Brands to Know
Grizzly Griptape provides various types of grip tapes for skateboards and longboards, with unique designs you can choose from. Aside from providing a firm grip for your shoes, you can use grip tapes from Grizzly to add more customizations to your deck.
Each grip tape from Grizzly provides you with a firm grip that keeps your shoes glued to the deck, so you can perform tricks in various ways without losing your momentum.
- There are plenty of unique designs you can choose for your grip tape, and Grizzly always offers new designs every season.
- In some designs, you can pull off the Grizzly logo to make it look more stylish for your deck.
- You can feel safe when you use the grip tapes from Grizzly, as they provide firmer grips for your shoes, which means more safety for you when you perform tricks on your skateboard or longboard.
- Grizzly is quite popular among professional skaters, and this company is consistent in providing high-quality and affordable grip tapes.
- Aside from grip tapes, you can also find skateboard-related products on their official website, updated every season.
Black Widow is another excellent grip tape you can pick for your skateboards and longboards. The primary characteristic of Black Widow Griptape is that it provides you with the gritty textures on the surface of the tape, while also providing a very sticky grip for the deck.
So, with this grip tape, you don’t need to worry about falling out of your grip when doing tricks. Black Widow Griptape has been around since the 70s, so you can be sure of its quality.
- There are various designs you can choose from, such as blue, black, checked, clear, neon pink, and other designs.
- It comes from a popular skateboard company called Yocaher Skateboards based in California.
- It provides nice textures for your shoes, which give you firm grips when you perform various tricks on your skateboard or longboard.
- The grip will keep you safe when you use it for cruising at a high speed, and it also prevents you from sliding.
- The stickiness of the grip tape won’t get peeled even in extreme cold or heat.
These are the best grip tape for skateboards and longboards you can use. Pick the one you like, and you can perform tricks or cruising the road with your skateboard or longboard with no hassles.