Today, we will go through three important news stories in Crypto and the tech space that’s gonna have a big influence on 2022.
1. Ransomware is evolving, but regulations are starting to get tougher
In 2022 the game of cat and mouse between ransomware gangs and law enforcement will continue. Ransomware gangs can be expected to be torn between a desire for notoriety and the need to keep a low profile to avoid being busted by law enforcement, whose actions have, for the first time, had a measurable impact in 2021.
Ransomware groups can also be expected to transform and rebrand while monitoring their affiliates to minimize the risk of infiltration or compromise by disgruntled competitors/affiliates. Ransomware techniques are sure to evolve, perhaps through the use of better tools to exfiltrate sensitive data and conduct “double extortion” attacks.
Law enforcement will continue to conduct offensive cyber operations against ransomware gangs, these may even become more visible/high profile.
Businesses (pushed by regulators, their better-informed internal bodies, and their cyber insurers) will be forced to better segment networks, improve their backup systems, and optimize their resilience, in response to ever-escalating ransomware threats. which they face. Regulators will continue to increase the pressure on cryptocurrency exchanges to make it even harder for criminals to “cash out” their loot.
This year could also be the year where we start to see relevant anti-ransomware regulation, which could for example mandate (timely and detailed) disclosure of ransomware attacks, ransoms paid, as well as regulation on cybersecurity standards.
Also Read: The Impact of Video Content on Social Media
2. Crypto experts are going for TikTok attention
Tiktok has been a big talking topic for all people all around the world for one simple reason, it has huge potential to grow all types of companies, creators, artists, etc.
One way you can build your crypto understanding and knowledge is from TikTok, also you can make your own page where you can show off your project to all other people on TikTok, the algorithm may even make you viral!
You can have a big jump-start if you buy tiktok followers with paypal and wait for steady results. Keep in mind that Crypto experts are after TikTok and they are looking for short-cuts, so you should be ready for this kind of competition.
Also Read: 3 Different Types of Cryptocurrency Wallets
3. Supply chain / invisible supply chain vulnerabilities
This year, supply chain attacks will continue and we believe there will be at least three types:
- A “visible” supplier to your company – a malicious actor exploits a known supplier/partner.
- An “invisible” vendor from your company – A third-party vendor / open-source library that a vendor or you use. This dependency can be abstracted several layers away from your code or that of your provider.
- Your company is targeted because it is part of the supply chain of a larger supplier. We have observed several incidents in which smaller (and less financially sound) companies have been targeted as an easier entry point to penetrate larger and generally more financially sound companies.
We expect these three types of attacks to continue into 2022. They allow hackers easier or broader access to one or more victims. It is to be expected in 2022 that hackers will take an interest in other vulnerabilities in open-source software.
This is because they are widely used, or they were originally designed at a time when the internet was a less dangerous place, so security may not have been a primary concern when designing.